PRAWI is a sponsor group of MindFreedom International in New Zealand led by Anna de Jonge. PRAWI stands for Patients’ Rights Advocacy Waikato Incorporated.
- Former mental health patients to sue
- A New Zealand newspaper, The Press, covers the mass lawsuit by hundreds of psychiatric survivors against the New Zealand government.
- New Zealand psychiatric abuse
- PRAWI is a sponsor group of MFI in New Zealand. Here is a letter by long-time human rights activist Anna de Jonge on behalf of PRAWI to the New Zealand government commenting on a draft of the Convention Against Torture-Draft Periodic Report. Anna encourages the inclusion of electroshock and other psychiatric procedures.
- New Zealand Report on Forum for Survivors of Psychiatric Institutions
- This government report is about a forum where psychiatric survivors, their family members and psychiatric institutional staff in New Zealand were encouraged to speak confidentially about their experiences of psychiatric institutions in New Zealand in the years before November 1992. That’s the date in which current psychiatric legislation came into effect. The document was published in June 2007 by Department of Internal Affairs, Te Tari Taiwhenua, of New Zealand. It is a 72-page PDF you may download here for free.
- PRAWI Education Day on Human Rights & Alternatives in Mental Health (Hamilton, New Zealand, from Aug 17, 2008 09:30 AM to Aug 17, 2008 05:00 PM)
- PRAWI of New Zealand is a sponsor group in MindFreedom International. Director Anna de Jonge announces PRAWI is holding an all-day educational event using DVD’s from the conferences of the International Center for the Study of Psychiatry and Psychology.
- Two flyers for PRAWI’s August 2008 education day
- You may download two different color flyers advertising PRAWI’s education day on mental health and human rights to take place in August 2008 in New Zealand. You have a choice of a horizontal or vertically-based flyer.