Author and mental health industry critic Robert Whitaker and MFI Director David W. Oaks will be among the keynote speakers at this conference sponsored by Community Health and Counseling Services in Maine.
|When|| Sep 20, 2012 10:00 AM to
Sep 21, 2012 05:00 PM
|Where||Hilton Garden Inn, Freeport, Maine|
|Contact Name||Mary Haynes|
|Contact Phone||(207) 947-0366 ext 508|
|Attendees||This is a paid event, not organized by MindFreedom. Event organizers say all are welcome: “The conference is open to the public. We are targeting a wide range of people as attendees — consumers, mental health professionals, pcp’s, nurses, family members, as well as interested community members.”|
|Add event to calendar|| vCal
From the organizers:
Speakers who are listed:
- Robert Whitaker (see photo: Journalist and author of Anatomy of an Epidemic and Mad In America)
- David Oaks (psychiatric survivor activist and Director of Mind Freedom)
- Barry Duncan, Psy.D. Director, Heart and Soul of Change Project
- David Cohen, Ph.D. (Professor, School of Social Work at Florida International University
- Joanna Moncrieff, MD (practicing psychiatrist in the UK, academic, author, and founder of the Critical Psychiatry Network)
- James Greenblatt, MD (Psychiatrist; Medical Director of Comprehensive Psychiatric Resources, Inc., and faculty member at Tufts Medical School, Department of Psychiatry.
- Kathryn Power, M.Ed. – SAMSHA Regional Administrator, New England
- Kelly Staples – Maine DHHS
- Frank Chessa, Ph.D. – Ethicist at Maine General Hospital
- Sera Davidow and Sarah Mouser on Hearing Voices Groups
- Frederic Craigie, Jr., PhD – on Heart and Soul: Spiritual Care in the Journey of Recovery
For latest information, including current list of speakers, etc. click here.
Note: If you are a MindFreedom member or ally attending this event, please email to email@example.com about potential for networking and strategizing during this.