Will mental health consumer empowerment be part of the Oregon Governor’s transformation of Lane County mental health care?
|When||Jul 31, 2012
from 02:55 PM to 03:30 PM
|Where||Eugene Public Library, Oregon|
|Add event to calendar|| vCal
Gov. Kitzhaber’s re-make of Oregon’s public health system is moving forward quickly in Lane County.
Will mental health consumers have a voice? Will mental health peer wellness specialists be hired?
Speaker panel followed by your comments:
- • SHAWN CLARK of Salem is the Oregon mental health system’s state-wide Coordinator of Mental Health Peer Support Services.
- • LIBBIE RASCON is a mental health consumer peer support worker.
- • BRUCE ABEL is Manager of LaneCare, soon-to-be part of Trillium.
Date: Tuesday, 31 July 2012
Time: 2 pm to 3:30 pm
Where: Eugene Public Library
100 W. 10th Ave., Eugene
Everyone is welcome! Free refreshments.
Mental health consumers and psychiatric survivors are especially invited to attend!
The Opal Network is a nonprofit Lane County coalition founded in 2007 to support the empowerment, voice and self-determination mental health service clients.
This free quarterly public forum is named for the Lane County author Opal Whiteley [1897-1992] who was confined for nearly 50 years in a psychiatric institution.
Thank you to Opal Network sponsors:
• Center for Family Development
• City of Eugene Equity and Human Rights Center
• Direction Service
• Lane County Mental Health Consumer/Survivor Advisory Council
• Lane Independent Living Alliance
• Laurel Hill Center
• MindFreedom Lane County
• NAMI Lane County
• Oregon Consumer/Survivor Coalition
• Oregon Family Support Network
• PeaceHealth Behavioral Health Services
• Trauma Healing Project
• White Bird Clinic
Info 541-345-9106 firstname.lastname@example.org
Accessible. Sign language with 72 hours notice.