Valentine’s Day Live Web Radio Show. Guest Mary Maddock of Ireland was on the MindFreedom Monthly Mad Pride Free Live Web Radio. This was a special “Have a Heart” show to end forced electroshock of Ray Sandford and others. Host: David Oaks, MFI Director. Saturday, 14 February 2009. MindFreedom International’s Internet radio show is every second Saturday.
Saturday, 14 February 2009
This live show has already aired but you can listen to the archive by clicking on this link:
There was a brief appearance by a surprise guest: Ray Sandford, survivor of involuntary outpatient electroshock.
“Have a Heart: End Forced Shock” MindFreedom Mad Pride Free Live Web Radio!
SPECIAL GUEST for this show include:
* Mary Maddock in Cork, Ireland, electroshock survivor, board member of MindFreedom Ireland and co-author of the autobiographical book Soul Survivor.
** HOSTING from Oregon is DAVID W. OAKS, psychiatric survivor community organizer and director of MindFreedom International.
Irregular features include:
- MADNESS NETWORK NEWS about activists changing the mental health system internationally.
- HANDY-DANDY ESCAPE TIP! Proven tricks used by MFI members to evade psychiatric abuse.
- YOUR CHOICE about resources and alternatives for mental and emotional well being.
- LIVE DISCUSSION between you and guests.
To hear the show just click on:
From there you may listen live, get the number to phone in, engage in online web chat with other listeners or even use your computer to call in.
You may e-mail in questions or guest suggestions at any time to.
Miss a show? At that same web site, a few minutes after each show is over you may listen to an archive of that show or previous shows.
Live shows every Second Saturday in 2009.
Saturday, 17 March 2009:
* Dan Fisher, MD — psychiatric survivor and psychiatrist — speaking about future of mental health in Obama administration. Dan Fisher served as an adviser to Obama campaign on mental health.
* Judi Chamberlin — psychiatric survivor community organizer for more than thirty years, author of On Our Own (available from Mad Market) and on board of MindFreedom International. Judi is now in hospice. If Judi is unable to be on the call-in, we will play a recorded special greeting to listeners.
More info on MindFreedom Radio, and archived shows:
Time: 11 am Pacific USA, 2 pm Eastern USA, 7 pm  London UTC/GMT