Photos of the three guests for MindFreedom Live Web Radio August 2009
Here are photos of the three guests for the “Second Saturday” broadcast of MindFreedom Live Web Mad Pride Radio.
- Jayme Lynch, guest on MindFreedom Live Web Radio
- Jayme Lynch is the Director of the Peer Support and Wellness Center in Decatur, Georgia, which is a peer-run respite alternative psychiatric institutionalization. The Center also provides a 24/7 Warm Line and daily Wellness Activities. The Peer Support and Wellness Center is a project of the Georgia Mental Health Consumer Network, funded by the State of Georgia. The website is www.gmhcn.org/wellnesscenter Before accepting this position, Jayme had been a recipient of the mental health system and Social Security Disability for 20 years. Jayme had been on numerous psychiatric medications until she discovered the value of using alternatives. She considers herself fully recovered from any mental health issues she may have once had. Her personal blog is at raynesworld.blogspot.com.
- Jessican Arnella is guest on 8 August 2009 MindFreedom Live Web Radio
- Jessica Arenella, Ph.D. is a clinical psychologist in New York City who specializes in treating people with psychosis and bipolar disorder. She has worked in state and private hospitals, mental health clinics and therapeutic communities, and is now in full-time private practice. Working independently has allowed Dr. Arenella to try to create more respectful, comfortable and egalitarian treatment setting so as to encourage clients to talk about their thoughts and feelings without worrying that they will automatically be hospitalized or terminated from treatment. Dr. Arenella is a board member for The International Society for the Psychological Treatments of the Schizophrenias and Other Psychoses in the USA (ISPS-US).www.jesspsychologist.com
- Lylye Murphy: Guest on MindFreedom Live Mad Pride Web Radio
- Lyle Murphy, Alternative to Meds Founder and Director, was trained as a chiropractor with a special focus on Neurology. He is a psychiatric survivor and provides an excellent example of what someone can achieve when properly in balance.