LAST SHOW OF 2012! Join guest host SOPHIE FAUGHT and veteran clinician, Mad In America blogger and activist MICHAEL CORNWALL to talk about madness: “If madness isn’t what psychiatry says it is, then what is it?” LIVE on Saturday, 8 December 2012, at 2 pm ET, 11 am PT; we’ll be taking your calls at (646) 595-2125.
MindFreedom International presents:
ALTERNATIVE MENTAL HEALTH RADIO
On the topic of:
If madness isn’t what psychiatry says it is, then WHAT IS IT?
- MICHAEL CORNWALL, PH.D. (photo on right), went through an intense, lengthy period of un-medicated madness in his early twenties that set the course for his vocation as a therapist.
- He served for three years in a 20 bed open door, restraint, medication and diagnosis free, extreme states sanctuary called I-Ward, and completed , Diabasis House.
- For over 30 years he has served people in extreme states and other forms of emotional suffering, while also being a community grassroots politics leader in the human rights struggle against the abuses of psychiatry.
- Michael uses his personal experience of unmedicated madness : “If madness isn’t what psychiatry says it is, than what is it?”
Join Michael and guest host SOPHIE FAUGHT (coordinator of MindFreedom International’scampaign to raise awareness of recovery in mental health) for an exciting dialogue about the importance of madness on both the individual and societal levels.
Tune in live at, and join the conversation yourself!
Want to ask our guest about his unique experiences of madness? Have observations or experiences of your own to share about the nature of madness for the individual and society? We’ll be taking your calls at (646) 595-2125.
Listen to the archive any time you like, at
Tips About How to Listen and Call-in Live (or hear the archive later)
At the start of the show, 2 pm ET or 11 am PT, you can listen by going to the Blog Talk Radio site hosting this monthly “Second Saturday” show, here:
Call-in Number: (646) 595-2125.
You can listen and call-in live and free by either computer or phone from anywhere in the world.
- USA: 11 am Pacific, 12 noon Mountain, 1 pm Central, 2 pm Eastern
- UTC/GMT: 6 pm [18:00]
- Ireland: 7 pm [19:00]
- Berlin: 8 pm [20:00]
- Auckland, NZ: 6 am
Can’t get to a computer that day? No problem! You can use the call-in number (646) 595-2125 just to listen, like a teleconference.
Online, you can also join a live chat with MFI Web Radio Show.
You can call in via phone, BlogTalkRadio web site or.
More about MindFreedom International:
MFI is one of the few totally-independent nonprofit organizations in the mental health advocacy field focusing on survivors of human rights violations in the mental health system.
MFI has zero funding from the mental health system, governments, drug companies or religions.
All are welcome. While a majority of MFI’s members identify as psychiatric survivors, members include family members, advocates and concerned mental health workers.
That means YOUR membership and donation are CRUCIAL to MindFreedom International’s campaigns for human rights alternatives.
Join or donate now:
Benefits include the MindFreedom Journal, special web and e-mail networking, discount onpurchases, MindFreedom Shield, member services office… and a nonviolent revolution in mental health.
Mind Your Freedom!
Donate, join now or renew early here: