For several years, simultaneous protests, street theater and other events challenging electroshock human rights violations, have been held by activists in multiple cities on Mothers Day. That’s because so many of those on the receiving end of abuse in electroshock are mothers and grandmothers, since shock targets older women.
|When|| May 07, 2011 10:10 AM to
May 08, 2011 05:10 PM
|Add event to calendar|| vCal
Peaceful protest events and street theater are being planned in multiple locations in three countries, again, in 2011.
Among endorsers so far:
2. Friendly Spike
4. MindFreedom International
5. Ontario Coalition Against Poverty
6. Bread and Bricks Social Justice Groups
7. Centre for Women’s Studies in Education
9. The Opal Project
10. We the People
13. Resistance Against Psychiatry
15. Students on Seven at OISE