A judge has asked the Sheriff to pick up Elizabeth Ellis, 67, living peacefully at home with her husband in Moorhead, Minnesota, and bring her to a psychiatric institution. The main reason? Elizabeth refused to report last month for another involuntary court-ordered outpatient electroshock. Support a grassroots campaign to phone Minnesota’s new governor at 651-201-3400.
Alert2 – 16 February 2011
“Elizabeth may be picked up any minute.”
Stop the Forced Electroshock of Elizabeth Ellis!
Join a phone-in to office of Minn. Governor Mark Dayton at
Your message in your own words: “What is your office doing to stop the involuntary outpatient electroshock of Elizabeth Ellis and others? Why have your staff not responded to MindFreedom?”
MindFreedom International director David Oaks said:
“Join me in peacefully flooding the Governor’s office with calls every day. Be civil and strong, but do not give up, until this new Governor speaks up and takes action.
“For nearly three weeks, we’ve heard nothing back from the Governor’s staff. Now it’s an emergency! The mental health industry needs an ‘Egyptian’ moment! Phone now! 651-201-3400!”
Latest News Updates about Elizabeth Campaign:
You may now visit a new “Elizabeth Campaign Gateway” for the latest updates and news here:
An international campaign has sprung up to help Elizabeth and her husband say “No!” to her forced outpatient electroshock.
In the new Elizabeth Campaign Gateway you can find:
- A folder of court and agency documents you can download about Elizabeth’s forced electroshock, including the new court order to transport her to a psychiatric institution for saying “no” to forced electroshock.
- A personal plea Elizabeth made today after receiving her court notice that a Sheriff may pick her up.
- An interview with Elizabeth on 12 Feb. on MindFreedom Free Web Radio.
- How to join a new Facebook Cause for Elizabeth.
- Learn how the same week Elizabeth refused her outpatient electroshock… an FDA panel voted that the device is “hazardous,” and should finally be tested for safety and efficacy for the first time in 70 years!
- A blog entry by MindFreedom director David Oaks calls for the global mental health advocacy community to create a peaceful revolution like that in Egypt.
- And more…
Elizabeth told the MindFreedom office in an interview today:
“I have gotten the orders to ‘revoke and transport.’ I spoke with my public defender. He said the sheriff can come at any minute. My attorney has written an affidavit challenging the need to continue ECT. I also have an appointment with a new psychiatrist this weekend who supports my right to say ‘no’ to electroshock.”
Said Elizabeth: “They claim they are trying to save my life. But maybe they are trying to save their image, now that they know I’m challenging them and I have an organization’s backing.”
Elizabeth added, “I’m in very good mental health. I’m active, eating, sleeping, doing everything. I’m in deep appreciation of MindFreedom for putting out alerts.”
Her husband Robert (see photo of the couple above) agreed: “Elizabeth doesn’t need electroshock. She’s been fine, active. We’ve been doing things together. She’s pretty sharp, but her memory is still off from the electroshock. I’m angry and upset about this court order for her to have forced outpatient electroshock.”
For the latest info, check frequently at the Elizabeth Ellis Campaign Gateway.