Have a Heart Show! Guest for this 14 February 2009 show is long-time advocate for change in mental health Mary Maddock of Cork, Ireland. Listen and call in live to this Mad Valentine Show. We’re crazy about freedom! Host David W. Oaks is a psychiatric survivor and director of MindFreedom.
|When|| Feb 14, 2009
from 06:00 AM to 07:30 AM
|Contact Name||David Oaks|
|Contact Phone||(541) 345-9106|
|Attendees||Everyone with a phone, or with a computer that can play audio via the web.|
|Add event to calendar|| vCal
Special Valentine’s Day Show – 14 February 2009
Passionate about changing the mental health system? You’re not alone… talk with your community, live!
Listen and call in live, free:
On Saturday, 14 February 2009
Time: 11 am Pacific USA, 2 pm Eastern USA, 7 pm  London UTC/GMT
Due to popular demand, extended to 90 minutes!
You can call in live!
SPECIAL GUEST for this show:
- Mary Maddock in Cork, Ireland, electroshock survivor, board member of MindFreedom Ireland and co-author of the autobiographical book Soul Survivor. To buy the book Soul Survivor from MFI’s Mad Market click here.
Host: David W. Oaks, psychiatric survivor community organizer and director of MindFreedom International.
- MADNESS NETWORK NEWS about activists changing the mental health system internationally.
- HANDY-DANDY ESCAPE TIP! Proven tricks used by MFI members to evade psychiatric abuse.
- YOUR CHOICE about resources and alternatives for mental and emotional well being.
- LIVE DISCUSSION between you and guests.
Next show: March will include psychiatrist and psychiatric survivor Dan Fisher, talking about mental health in the Obama administration.
[Dan was re-scheduled because of scheduling conflicts.]
Tips about listening and calling in!
Again, for more information go to the main page of the MFI Mad Pride Live Radio show, click here.
From there you may listen live, engage in online chat with other listeners or even use your computer to phone in.
Miss a show?
At that same web site, a few minutes after each show is over you may listen to an archive of that show or previous shows.
During the show you can phone in to participate at (646) 595-2125. (If you do not have a computer that will broadcast the show to you, no worries. Youu may also simply listen in live via the call-in number.)
You may e-mail in questions or guest suggestions at any time to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to hear a few of the best of the 2006 to 2007 shows? Click here:
Thanks for listening, and calling in!