Mothers of adults who have been harmed by human rights violations in the mental health system were featured in the most recent free MindFreedom Mad Pride Web Radio show. Also hear Matthew Morrissey, a therapist who has co-authored a book on families of psychaitric survivors. Host is psychiatric survivor David Oaks, director of MindFreedom International.
Update: The below was another successful Mad Pride Radio Hour, featuring moms of psychiatric survivors, author Matt Morrissey, and live callers! You can listen to the 11 December archive free at BlogTalkRadio:
Below is the alert that was sent out before the show with guest info:
Your calls are welcome on the next MAD PRIDE LIVE RADIO HOUR, free on the web, this Saturday, 11 December 2010
At 2 pm ET click here:
Call-in Number: (646) 595-2125.
Moms Are On The Move! Guests include:
- KATINA ANDONIADIS (photo on right) is a long-time leader in improvisational and guerilla activist theater. She’s the mom of a psychiatric survivor, and she suggests using the power of theater and humor to fight back. See her website
- CINDI FISHER, mother of a 33-year-old man who is being forcibly drugged in a State of Washington facility, right now. See her alert with her photo here:
- MATTHEW MORRISSEY, co-author of a new book about how families can best support psychiatric survivors: A Way Out of Madness: Dealing with Your Family After You’ve Been Diagnosed. Matthew is also an MFI board member. See his website
DAVID OAKS: Host, director of MindFreedom International.
You can listen and call-in live and free by either computer or phone.
WHEN: Saturday, 13 November 2010 – 60 minutes.
- USA: 11 am Pacific, 12 noon Mountain, 1 pm Central, 2 pm Eastern
- UTC/GMT: 6 pm [18:00]
- London/Dublin: 7 pm [19:00]
- Berlin: 8 pm [20:00]
- Melbourne: 6 am
AT THAT TIME CLICK HERE to listen and call in LIVE (or click after the show to hear archives):
Your live calls, questions, comments, are welcome!
You can also call in via your BlogTalkRadio web site or Skype.
For tips on calling via Skype for free, click here:
Can’t get to a computer that day? No problem!
Back by popular demand: You can again use the call-in number just to listen, like a teleconference:
About the Host:
MindFreedom director DAVID W. OAKS (lower right).
Support MindFreedom International!
MindFreedom International is one of the few totally-independent nonprofit organizations in the mental health advocacy field, with zero funding from the mental health system, governments, drug companies or religions.
That means YOUR membership and donation are CRUCIAL to MindFreedom International’s campaigns for human rights alternatives.
Join or donate now:
Times are tough, so that makes it even more important that each and every person give what he or she can.
Benefits include the MindFreedom Journal, special web and e-mail networking, discount on http://www.madmarket.org purchases, MindFreedom Shield, member services office… and a nonviolent revolution in mental health.
Mind Your Freedom!
Donate, join now or renew early here: