Leaders in the psychiatric survivor/mental health consumer movement have a post-protest event on Sunday, 6 May 2012, in Philadelphia, the day after the Saturday 5 May 2012 protest. (The 6 May event is being organized independently.)
|When|| May 06, 2012
from 02:00 PM to 05:00 PM
|Add event to calendar|| vCal
[from event organizers]
Imagining a Different Future In Mental Health!
- Robert Whitaker’s topic is What History and Science Reveal Is Possible in Mental Health;
- Jim Gottstein’s is A Strategic Approach to System Change.
- Keris Myrick will discuss the cultural incompetence in the mental health system and in society that creates an added burden for people of color.
FREE! ALL ARE WELCOME!
Robert Whitaker, Jim Gottstein and Keris Myrick
To Speak in Philadelphia!
Date: Sunday, May 6, 2012
Time: 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. (Doors open at 1:30 p.m.)
Place: Church of St. Luke and the Epiphany (main chapel),
330 S. 13 Street (between Spruce and Pine), Philadelphia
- Robert Whitaker, author of Anatomy of an Epidemic and Mad in America
- Jim Gottstein, Esq., founder of the Law Project for Psychiatric Rights
- Keris Myrick, MSW, president and CEO, Project Return Peer Support Network
THIS EVENT IS FREE! ALL ARE WELCOME!
For questions, please contact Clearinghouse director Susan Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org or 267-507-3812.
Sponsored by the National Mental Health Consumers’ Self-Help Clearinghouse www.mhselfhelp.org