The International Center for the Study of Psychiatry and Psychology, Inc. (ICSPP) is a sponsor group of MindFreedom. This is an excellent conference, especially to network dissident mental health professionals critical of the current psychiatric system.
|when||Oct 10, 2008 01:00 AM to
Oct 12, 2008 01:00 AM
|where||Tampa, Florida, USA|
|add event to calendar|| vCal
in collaboration with Amedco, LLC
EFFECTIVE THERAPEUTIC APPROACHES TO EMOTIONAL SUFFERING: RECOVERING THE SOUL OF PSYCHOTHERAPY
1. Growing Your Practice: Techniques & Skills For Effective & Successful Treatment Outcomes!
2. Adult, Child And Parental Interventions & Techniques That Work!
3. Critical review of Psychotropic Drugs, Mental Screening Tests & Diagnostics.
4. Effective Approaches to Autistic Spectrum, Child Development and Treatment of Children.
5. Learn Successful Resolution of Human Emotional Issues and Maladaptive Life Strategies!
6. Helping Seniors Cope & Transition with the Difficulties of Life
October 10th , 11th, 12th , 2008
Double Tree Tampa Westshore Airport Hotel
4500 W. Cypress Street, Tampa, Florida 33607
Phone (800) 222-8733 / Fax (813) 873-2401
(special Conference room rate is $119.00 single or double if you book by Sept. 5.)
CME/CE Credits: Amedco offers continuing education for Psychologists, Certified Counselors, Social Workers. and other professionals,
(nurses, physicans, attorneys, educators) who may also use these programs with their respective Boards, 15 CME/CE hours (estimated).
STUDENTS: The best paper presentation will receive a $500.00 award. Please submit now.
SEMINARS: (visit website for full list of experts in each topic!)
- Treatment of Depression, Suicide, ADHD, Bi-polar, Panic &Anxiety, Schizophrenia, Pervasive Developmental Disorders, Autism.
- 4 False Pillars of the Biological Model of “Mental Illness”: Genetics, Chemical Imbalance, Twin/Adoption Studies & Brain Scans.
- Current biological research results as well as results of psychotherapy research.
- Peter Breggin, MD, Best selling author of numerous books such as “Talking Back to Prozac,” & “Your Drug May Be Your Problem” and many more, and as seen on Oprah, Hannity & Colmes, and The O’Reillly Factor,
- Bertram Karon, Ph.D. ABPP, author of “The Psychotherapy of Schizophrenia,” and numerous research studies.
- Grace Jackson, MD, psychiatrist & author of “Rethinking Psychiatric Drugs.”
- Robert Whitaker, author of the best selling book, “Mad In America,”
- Bruce Levine, Ph.D., author of “Surviving America’s Depression Epidemic” and numerous articles.
- David Stein, Ph.D., author of “Unraveling the ADD/ADHD Fiasco,” and “Ritalin is Not The Answer.”
Go to our web site for a complete program and more information: www.icspp.org