A four year old girl died from on overdose of Clonodine. Medical experts also told prosecutors that Clonidine is normally only given to adults.
4 Year Old Girl Dies from Clonidine Overdose
Source: Boston Herald
Links to this story:
Sadly, we will see more of these stories as long as children are dosed off label with strong meds designed for adults. It looks as though the parents are getting more of the blame than the doctors from the legal system.
The Boston reporter writes :
What she got instead of comfort from her parents was the poison that killed her,The little girl’s lungs were ravaged. Her little body couldn’t pump blood to her heart and organs. She was slowly, but surely dying before their eyes. She drowned on liquid from the inside out.
The Rileys are accused of giving the child more than the prescribed dosage of Clonidine. Medical experts also told prosecutors that Clonidine is normally only given to adults.