Ethics & Mental Health
- Swiss Court Ruling Allows Euthanasia For Mentally Ill
- A ruling by Switzerland’s highest court has opened up the possibility that people with serious mental illnesses could be helped by doctors to take their own lives.
- This web site has quotes critical of psychiatry’s views on everything ranging from conservatives, education, religion, creating a slave society, world government, to morality and families. An example: “The reduction of intelligence is an important factor in the curative process… The fact is that some of the very best cures that one gets are in those individuals whom one reduces almost to amentia (feeble-mindedness)…” Dr. Abraham Myerson, Harvard Psychiatrist, 1942
- Psychiatry residents often skip informed consent
- An investigation into the practices of 108 psychiatry residents revealed an excessively passive approach to informed consent discussions with patients. Asked to participate in hypothetical clinical vignettes, only 3% of the students managed to provide responses that met the criteria for adequate informed consent.
- Psychiatry and Freedom (The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas, TX, USA, from Oct 06, 2008 12:00 AM to Oct 08, 2008 12:00 AM)
- 11th International Conference for Philosophy and Mental Health International Network of Philosophy and Psychiatry