Should Bob Whitaker be allowed to speak at federally-funded Alternatives Conference?
All about controversy of whether Bob Whitaker should be allowed to speak as a keynoter at the annual conference funded by the US government, “Alternatives 2010.”
- What About Bob? USA Mental Health Agency May Cancel Journalist Robert B. Whitaker as Keynoter of “Alternatives 2010”
- Will the US federal government allow the author of the new book, “Anatomy of an Epidemic” to criticize the psychiatric drug industry at the annual Alternatives 2010 conference? UPDATE 23 July: This campaign had a victory just two days after its launch! Thank you!
- A few of the public comments about the Bob Whitaker controversy
- When Bob Whitaker, author of Anatomy of an Epidemic, was “unconfirmed” as a speaker of the federally-funded Alternatives 2010, MindFreedom International sent out a “What About Bob?” alert on 21 July. Immediately many MindFreedom alert readers responded, and a number of those comments to President Obama and SAMHSA Director Pamela Hyde are copied below.
- VICTORY: Journalist Bob Whitaker is “Re-Confirmed” as Keynote for Alternatives 2010
- Whitaker is a critic of psychiatric drug company claims, with his new book, “Anatomy of an Epidemic.” US federal government officials objected to Whitaker keynoting Alternatives 2010 conference. An MFI alert 48-hours ago is called “effective,” and Whitaker is now re-confirmed as keynoter. Thank you MFI News readers!
- Review: Anatomy of an Epidemic: Magic Bullets, Psychiatric Drugs, and the Astonishing Rise of Mental Illness in America
- In this review of journalist Robert Whitaker’s book exposing the psychiatric pharmaceutical industry, psychologist Bruce Levine mentions how MindFreedom International helped campaign to ‘re-confirm’ Whitaker as a keynote speaker at a federally-funded conference.