This Sat., 10 Oct: Electroshock is theme with guests RAY SANDFORD, survivor of forced electroshock, and LINDA ANDRE, author of the book Doctors of Deception. Hear the latest on stopping FDA from de-regulating electroshock. ALSO: Guest RON UNGER on proposed resolution in front of City of Eugene Council that non-drug mental health alternatives are a human right. Host is MindFreedom’s director, psychiatric survivor DAVID W. OAKS. Listen and call in live to MindFreedom Mad Pride Live Free Web Radio on this “World Mental Health Day.”
The psychiatric industry calls every October 10th, “World Mental Health Day.” Celebrate by talking about nonviolent revolution in the mental health system.
Your calls are welcome on this next live web radio show on “ELECTROSHOCK” this Saturday, 10 October 2009.
Ray Sandford, survivor of forced electroshock, from Minnesota.
Linda Andre, author of book “Doctors of Deception: What They Don’t Want You To Know About Shock Treatment,” from New York.
Ron Unger, mental health counselor, about a proposed Eugene City Council resolution saying non-drug alternatives in mental health are a human right!
Host: David W. Oaks,
psychiatric survivor, also interviewed on ABC-TV show.
HOW TO LISTEN AND CALL-IN LIVE TO:
MindFreedom Mad Pride Live Free Web Radio
WHEN: This Saturday, 10 October 2009 – 90 minutes.
- USA: 11 am Pacific, 12 noon Mountain, 1 pm Central, 2 pm Eastern
- UTC/GMT: 6 pm [18:00]
- London/Dublin: 7 pm [19:00]
- Berlin: 8 pm [20:00]
- New Zealand: 7 am
AT THAT TIME CLICK HERE to listen and call in LIVE (or click after the show to hear archives):
Your live calls, questions, comments, are welcome!
Call-in Number: (646) 595-2125. Can’t get to a computer that day? Use the call-in number just to listen. (Because of all the calls, more lines are being added for this show. This feature may change in future months.)
More info on topics:
- For info about the campaign to stop the Food & Drug Administration from rubber stamping electroshock without investigating the device for safety and efficacy, click here: https://mindfreedom.org/shield/fda-ect
- You may purchase Linda Andre’s new book critical of electroshock, Doctors of Deception, here:
- For more info about Ray Sandford and his campaign to stop his forced outpatient electroshock, click https://mindfreedom.org/ray
- To read the proposed City of Council of Eugene draft resolution about human right to have non-drug mental health alternatives, click here: https://mindfreedom.org/lane
- The host is MindFreedom director DAVID W. OAKS (lower right). Utne Reader is naming David one of 50 ‘visionaries’ in its Nov. 2009 issue, along with the Dalai Lama. For his bio see:
Again, to listen live or hear archives later, click here:
And mark your calendar for every Second Saturday in 2009 for MindFreedom Live Free Mad Pride Radio!
Support MindFreedom International.
MindFreedom International is one of the few totally-independent nonprofit organizations in the mental health advocacy field, with zero funding from the mental health system, governments, drug companies or religions.
That means YOUR membership and donation are CRUCIAL to MindFreedom International’s campaigns for human rights alternatives.
Join or donate now:
Times are tough, so that makes it even more important that each and every person give what he or she can.
Benefits include MindFreedom Journal, special web and e-mail networking, discount on http://www.madmarket.org purchases, MindFreedom Shield, member services office… and a nonviolent revolution in mental health.
Mind Your Freedom!
Donate, join now or renew early here: