How can I be involved in supporting the peaceful protests planned for 5 May 2012 in Philadelphia, and wherever people live? How can I participate in planning? Here are some tips!
The planning to Boycott Normal and Occupy American Psychiatric Industry relies on your people power and leadership.
Without the billions that the pharmaceutical and psychiatric industry, this protest on 5 May 2012 is all about your self-determination!
Many of us have learned from participating in the Occupy movement, that this activism needs to support the empowerment and communication of all participants, while following guidelines and principles for a peaceful event.
Here are a few ways for you to get started:
- If you’re going to Philly, click to find tips about travel, housing, and other updates, click here. Bring some friends!
- Whether or not you can get to Philly, there are a bunch of links and tips about how to be involved — such as People’s DSM and Life After Labels – see: . Let us know what your local action will be at
- : This is a basic email list for people who want to help with planning and support for the 5 May 2012. You don’t need to live in Philly, because we are supporting activism anywhere. To sign up for this email list, . Be sure to respond to the auto-confirmation message (if you don’t receive check spam folder).
- Weekly teleconference: Every week until the protest, there is a planning teleconference, and supporters are invited to get on and help out. Currently these are held every Thursday at 7 pm ET, 4 pm PT. Details are announced via the planning email list.
- . Here’s a way to network with other participants and the public. Find out who else is going. Post your reasons for protesting. You can find this page by clicking , or within Facebook search for the two words: Boycott Normal.
- Watch updates on MindFreedom web site. We’ll be posting news and information at that web page for Boycott Normal. From there you can find the link to download a ‘save the date’ poster, list of speakers and more. (Please print out, post and distribute.) You can always get to this page by googling the two words Boycott Normal, or clicking here.
- . Every second Saturday between now and the protest, the theme of MindFreedom’s monthly web radio show will be the five five protests to occupy American psychiatric industry. You can listen or call in live with computer or phone. The show will be at 2 pm ET, or 11 am PT. At that time click for info on listening live, or later click to hear any of the archives.
- : Stay in touch with updates via the MindFreedom free public alert list, sign up by clicking .
- Membership: You do not need to be a member of MindFreedom International to participate, but membership helps in so many ways. If you are not yet a member or need to renew, please donate securely online here.